PGA reveals TV nominees
'30 Rock,' 'Mad Men' among series vying for awards
"30 Rock" and "Mad Men" continue to collect kudos. The shows, which took home top series honors at this year's Emmys and earned Writers Guild Award noms this week, are among the TV nominees for the 20th annual Producers Guild Awards, announced Wednesday.
"30 Rock" will vie for the Danny Thomas Producer of the Year Award in Episodic Television -- Comedy along with fellow NBC series "The Office"; two HBO shows, "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Entourage"; and Showtime's "Weeds."
AMC's "Mad Men" was cited as a nominee for the Norman Felton Producer of the Year Award in Episodic Television -- Drama along with FX's "Damages," Showtime's "Dexter" and a pair of ABC series: "Boston Legal," which had its series finale this week, and "Lost."
In the nonfiction category, two magazine shows -- PBS' "Frontline" and CBS' "60 Minutes" -- will compete with Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch," Bravo's "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" and Showtime's "This American Life."
The nominees in the live entertainment/competition category include two Bravo series -- "Project Runway" and "Top Chef" -- vying with CBS' "The Amazing Race," Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" and HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher."
Nominees in the film and longform TV categories, along with all producers determined eligible for the award via an accreditation process, will be announced Jan. 5. Awards will be handed out Jan. 24 at the Hollywood Palladium.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed