Phil Collins Announces Retirement
9:55 AM PST 3/8/2011 by Mark Cina
The multiple Grammy award winner says he wants to "be a full time father to my two young sons on a daily basis.”
After selling an estimated 100 million albums as a solo artist, multiple Grammy award winner Phil Collins has announced that he is retiring.In a post on his Web site titled "Breaking News," he explains his reasons "for calling it a day" in response to articles claiming why he was quitting the music business. "Many of the articles printed over the last few months have ended up painting a picture of me that is more than a little distorted," Collins explains. He says he is stopping music not “because of dodgy reviews or bad treatment in the press” or because he doesn’t “feel loved” by fans anymore ... I am stopping so I can be a full time father to my two young sons on a daily basis.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!