Phil Jackson, Jeanie Buss Engaged to Wed
The Los Angeles Lakers EVP posted a photo of her new sparkler on Twitter to announce the news.
After more than a decade together, Los Angeles Lakers executive vp Jeanie Buss and former Lakers coach Phil Jackson are set to wed.
Buss made the announcement on Twitter, coyly writing, “Twitter family – Phil finally gave me that ring I wanted!” complete with a photo of the new diamond sparkler. She later told ESPN Los Angeles that Jackson had proposed and that she was “beyond happy” to be marrying the “Zen Master.”
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Ramona Shelburn, the couple has yet to set a wedding date, but “since she’d been wearing the ring since Xmas figured she should let people know.”
Jackson, an 11-time NBA champion coach, and Buss, daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss, have been romantically involved since shortly after Jackson took over as head coach in 1999. In previous interviews, Buss, 51, has said that she and Jackson, 67, had no plans to marry in the future.
“I wanted to get married. That’s who I am. Phil is of a generation that probably would have been happier never getting married,” Buss said in a 2011 interview with Forbes (via Yahoo! Sports). “He just doesn't want to get married again; it’s not that he doesn’t want to marry me. It took me a while to understand that, and I’m fine with it now. We’ve been together for over 10 years. This relationship has been my longest and most successful. So I’m very happy.”
The nuptials will mark the third marriage for Jackson, who has five grown children.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'