Philip Seymour Hoffman Gets BAFTA Bash
Oscar and British Academy film winner to be treated to a BAFTA Life in Pictures shindig.
LONDON – Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman is to be treated to a BAFTA Life in Pictures shindig courtesy of the British Academy of Film, Television and the Arts in early May.
The multi-hyphenate, who secured an Oscar and a British Academy Film award for his portrayal of Truman Capote in Capote in 2006, will be the center of attention for the celebration.
A graduate of New York University's Tisch School of the Arts, Hoffman’s movie roles include outings in Scent of a Woman, Twister, Boogie Nights, Magnolia, The Talented Mr. Ripley and Almost Famous.
Hoffman is also a theater actor and director and has directed and performed in numerous Off-Broadway productions including Tony nominated turns in True West and Long Day's Journey into Night.
The event takes place at the Cineworld cinema complex in Central London on May 5.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)