Phish Fan Hospitalized After Plunging 25 Feet at Concert; Dozens of Drug-Related Arrests
The 19-year-old was naked and under the influence of alcohol or drugs when she climbed a temporary light pole and fell.
A 19-year-old woman suffered numerous injuries, including broken legs and a broken wrist, after plunging 25 feet from a light utility pole Sunday night at a Phish concert in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., according to local reports.
New York State Park Police said the woman was naked and under the influence of drugs or alcohol when she climbed the temporary light pole, mumbled something incoherent and fell around 9:30 p.m. She was in stable condition as of Monday afternoon.
Meanwhile, authorities also said they made at least 50 arrests during the three days of Phish concerts at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, most of them for drug possession and sales.
Police said they seized cocaine, heroin, LSD, Ecstacy, hallucinogenic mushrooms, hash, marijuana and nitrous oxide as well as two loaded rifles. Some concertgoers also were charged with possession of bath salts, which were recently outlawed in New York because of their potentially deadly chemical compounds.
More than 50 traffic citations were issued.
“The department takes seriously its commitment to be as proactive as possible to help provide a safe environment for both concertgoers and the general public,” Police Chief Chris Cole said Monday. “Enhanced enforcement such as this sends a clear message that the department will not accept the dangerous and illegal activity of those traveling on our streets and in our neighborhoods that put the health and safety of others in jeopardy.”
Ten additional officers were brought on to work over the weekend at the concerts, and they were paid with the more than $1,000 cash seized from drug sales proceeds at the concerts.
“Let the drug dealers pay for it,” Lt. John Catone said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws