Phoenix Announces 'Bankrupt!' Release Date, Track Listing
The beloved French band's highly anticipated follow-up to 2009's "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix" is due out in April.
Phoenix has been cagey about the follow-up to 2009's Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, dropping vague release timeframes and its album title in flashing neon lights. On Tuesday (Feb. 12), however, the French indie-rock stars unveiled the full details of Bankrupt!, their fifth studio album due out on April 23 in the U.S. on Loyaute/Glassnote Records.
The 10-song tracklist includes album titles like "Oblique City," "Trying To Be Cool" and "S.O.S. In Bel Air." The album's cover art has also been revealed, and it's just peachy.
Last December, Glassnote head Daniel Glass revealed that Phoenix had finished recording the Wolfgang follow-up in France, and would be releasing the album in April. A little over a month later, the word Bankrupt! was posted on the group's official site in a flashing, bright-red logo that was potentially harmful to epilepsy-sensitive fans.
Phoenix will be supporting Bankrupt! with a tour of North America this spring, kicking off in Vancouver on Mar. 29. The trek will also include a pair of headlining sets at Coachella 2013 on Apr. 13 and 20.
Check out the track list for Bankrupt! and artwork below:
02. The Real Thing
03. S.O.S. In Bel Air
04. Trying To Be Cool
06. Drakkar Noir
10. Oblique City
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR