PHOTO: See the New, Brooding Superman
What do you get when you combine Twilight and a classic superhero?
The new Superman.
DC comics unveiled its made over Superman in Monday's New York Post. The 72-year-old iconic comic still has his six-pack, but features a brooding, new look that's more reminiscent of Robert Pattinson than Christopher Reeve.
Superman's new look will be featured in DC Comics' "Earth One" graphic novels (to be sold for $19.95), which portrays classic comic book characters in the present day. [pullquote]
"We wanted to tell a story that's hip, sexy and moody," DC Comics' co-publisher Dan DiDio told the Post. "We wanted to show a younger Superman at the early stages of his career, struggling with his identity and his place. He realizes he doesn't belong anywhere and doesn't fit in."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR