PHOTO: See the New, Brooding Superman
What do you get when you combine Twilight and a classic superhero?
The new Superman.
DC comics unveiled its made over Superman in Monday's New York Post. The 72-year-old iconic comic still has his six-pack, but features a brooding, new look that's more reminiscent of Robert Pattinson than Christopher Reeve.
Superman's new look will be featured in DC Comics' "Earth One" graphic novels (to be sold for $19.95), which portrays classic comic book characters in the present day. [pullquote]
"We wanted to tell a story that's hip, sexy and moody," DC Comics' co-publisher Dan DiDio told the Post. "We wanted to show a younger Superman at the early stages of his career, struggling with his identity and his place. He realizes he doesn't belong anywhere and doesn't fit in."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead