Pierce Brosnan's Daughter Dies From Ovarian Cancer
"Charlotte fought her cancer with grace and humanity, courage and dignity," the actor said in a statement.
Pierce Brosnan's daughter Charlotte has died after a long battle with ovarian cancer. She was 41.
Brosnan said in a statement that Charlotte, who had been battling cancer for three years, died Friday afternoon surrounded by her husband, Alex Smith; their children, Isabella, 14, and Lucas, 8; and her brothers, Christopher and Sean.
"Charlotte fought her cancer with grace and humanity, courage and dignity," Brosnan said. "Our hearts are heavy with the loss of our beautiful dear girl. We pray for her and that the cure for this wretched disease will be close at hand soon. We thank everyone for their heartfelt condolences."
Charlotte's mother, Cassandra Harris, also died from ovarian cancer in 1991, while she was married to Brosnan. Harris' mother also died from ovarian cancer.
Brosnan has since remarried Keely Shaye Smith.
The actor, whose recent credits include the film Love Is All You Need and the miniseries Bag of Bones, has a slew of upcoming movies, including Love Punch, A Long Way Down and November Man.
People first reported the news of his daughter's death.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'