Piers Morgan Bans Madonna From CNN Show
The incoming host says she's not "relevant and current" enough.
Don't expect Piers Morgan to interview Madonna when his CNN show premieres in January.
"She is too vegan for TV," Morgan was quoted saying by the U.K. media. "We have Lady Gaga now so Madonna is banned from my show."
Morgan said he'd prefer to interview President Barack Obama, Mel Gibson, Lindsay Lohan or "whoever is in the news who is relevant and current."
Madonna isn't too upset.
"Madonna doesn't know who Piers Morgan is, but she's a big fan of Lady Gaga," her rep told AOL's Popeater.
Madonna was just recently named one of Time Magazine's 25 Most Powerful Women of the Last Century list. Her 2008-09 tour, Sticky & Sweet, was the top-grossing by a solo artist in music history.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR