Piers Morgan near deal to replace Larry King
'America's Got Talent' host already has CNN show in U.K.
"America's Got Talent" host Piers Morgan is firmly in the running to take over Larry King's interview show on CNN.
Reports surfaced Tuesday that Morgan is near a deal to land the coveted gig.
Sources caution that Morgan is still under contract and that CNN may be unable to directly negotiate with the TV personality directly. But if a deal could be struck between CNN and NBC, that allows Morgan to take over the position.
Sources say the proposed deal allows for Morgan to remain as a judge on "Got Talent," with the CNN talk show in second position for his schedule.
Though Morgan is best known for "Got Talent" stateside, the British native has extensive interviewing experience in the U.K. and has been hosting "Piers Morgan Life Stories" on CNN.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR