Piers Morgan Touts CNN, Slams Madonna and Lord Sugar (Video)
The host spoke with THR about his rivalries and why he thinks his network is best.
Piers Morgan was feeling quite confident on Friday night.
The host of his own eponymous show on CNN, Morgan was on top of the world as he entered the THR and Google Pre-White House Correspondents' Dinner at the W Hotel. And with good reason: he would be bringing actress Goldie Hawn as his date to the main event on Saturday.
Perhaps his date added to his already-impressive confidence; when asked whether he could host the WHCA dinner, and deliver a roast like that which would be given by Jimmy Kimmel the next night, he had no qualms about saying yes. And when quizzed on his Twitter rivalry with British businessman and TV personality Alan Sugar, the host of the UK's version of The Apprentice, he didn't hold back.
"He's a very annoying, rough, East London version of Donald Trump," Morgan said, when asked to introduce Sugar -- a man he called his rival and enemy -- to an American audience.
And when asked if he had any message for his nemesis, Morgan fired away.
"Lord Sugar, I've been here half an hour, and nobody knows who you are."
As for another one of his rivals, Morgan re-affirmed that Madonna will never appear on his show.
She’s banned. It’s a lifetime ban," Morgan said. "Although I did say if she went on bend and knee and begged forgiveness I’d think about it. Not with the sales of her album, I think it may be all over."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)