Piers Morgan Writing Book About Life at CNN
The title promises a "warts and all" account of life at the cable news network.
NEW YORK (AP) — Piers Morgan is going behind the scenes.
The host of CNN's Piers Morgan Live has a deal with Gallery Books for Shooting Straight: Guns, Gays, God, and George Clooney. Gallery, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, announced Wednesday that the book is scheduled for October.
Morgan, in a statement issued by Gallery, promised a "warts and all" account of life at CNN.
“There are few jobs more varied, dramatic, or exciting than anchoring a nightly cable news show, so I decided to record it, warts and all, in real time," said the CNN anchor in the statement. "Readers will go on the same journey I did – a pulsating, entertaining, terrifying, emotional and occasionally disastrous roller-coaster. This is The Newsroom on steroids.”
According to Gallery, the book will be written in the style of a real-time look into headline stories such as the killing of Osama bin Laden and the school shootings in Newtown, Conn. Morgan used a similar diary format for his 2005 book The Insider, which detailed his years in British journalism.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR