'Pina' Director Wim Wenders Pitchman for 3D TV
The acclaimed German auteur will appear in a campaign for the new 3D television sets made by electronics giant Loewe.
COLOGNE, Germany – Commercial exploitation are not words usually associated with German auteur Wim Wenders but electronics group Loewe has won over the Oscar-nominated director for its’ new campaign promoting 3D TV.
Loewe filmed an interview with Wenders - which you can watch here – in which he talks about the artistic potential of 3D technology.
The director’s latest film, Pina, is a 3D documentary on the late choreographer Pina Bausch. It screens at the AFI festival in Los Angeles next week and is Germany’s official entry for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscars.
Loewe plans to use the Wenders’ interview in a campaign in electronics stores nation-wide promoting the company’s new line of 3D TV sets. The company does not plan to use Wenders in television ads but has put a version of the interview on its YouTube channel.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)