Pinewood Studios to Open Movie Theater on Site of Facility
The theater will be open to the public and on-site film crews every weekend.
LONDON – Pinewood Studios, the world-renowned studio facility on the outskirts of London and home to the 007 soundstage, has inked a deal with U.K. indie exhibitor Curzon Cinemas to launch Pinewood Cinema.
Situated on Pinewood's studio site, the movie theater will play host to weekend screenings, with family-friendly films in the morning alongside indie and studio-backed wide releases during the afternoon and evening.
Curzon Cinemas is tasked with selecting the program lineup of films for Pinewood Cinema.
U.S. indie hits Frances Ha and What Maisie Knew, animated family film Epic and Rene Clement’s classic Plein Soleil are all set to screen in the theater.
Andrew Smith, director of strategy and communications for Pinewood, said the aim is for the on-site theater to be to the "benefit of everyone who works at Pinewood Studios and who lives in the area."
The Pinewood site consists of soundstages, a globally unique underwater filming stage and state-of-the-art TV studios.
Curzon Cinemas has nine venues across the country, virtual division Curzon Home Cinema and three distribution labels, Curzon Film World Releasing, the long-established label Artificial Eye and genre label Chelsea Films.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR