Pink Cancels Canadian Dates to Rest Vocal Cords on Doctors' Orders
Rescheduling dates in Winnipeg, Saskatoon and Edmonton comes as the pop star faces a bout of laryngitis.
TORONTO – Pop star Pink's vocal rest isn't enough.
Doctors have told Pink to postpone three more gigs on her Canadian tour so she can rest her vocal cords through the end of the month.
"It became clear after further consultation with her doctors today that more rest is required for her to fully recover from inflamed vocal cords and laryngitis," Live Nation Entertainment said in a statement late on Tuesday.
Pink postponed concert dates in Edmonton on Oct. 23, Saskatoon on Oct. 24 and Winnipeg on Oct. 26.
The three gigs are rescheduled to take place Jan. 14-16, 2014.
Pink had postponed concert dates in Salt Lake City on Oct. 17 and Denver on Oct. 18 to allow for initial vocal rest.
“Thanks for all the support y’all. Not very dramatic -- doctor just wants me on complete vocal rest for four days to heal. So I can kick ass," she said on her Twitter account at the time.
Live Nation said tickets for the latest postponed shows will be honored on the rescheduled dates as Pink continues a North American leg of her The Truth About Love Tour.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott