Pink Announces First New Album Since Becoming a Mother (Video)
The pop star will release “The Truth About Love” on September 18.
Pop superstar Pink announced on Wednesday that she will release a new album, The Truth About Love, on September 18th. The first single “Blow Me (One Last Kiss)” was released on the singer’s website July 2nd.
Love will be the sixth studio album from the colorful pop star. Her last studio release, 2008’s Funhouse, spawned the singles “So What,” “Sober” and “Please Don’t Leave Me,” peaking at No. 2 on the Billboard 200.
Before becoming one of the most enduring and consistently successful pop-rock stars of the last 15 years, Pink was first signed as part of the all girl R&B group Choice in 1995 by L.A. Reid (now a judge on The X Factor). She has since gone on to land 13 solo radio hits including “There You Go” in 2000, which emphasis the pathetic nature of an ex-boyfriend after being dumped. The breakout single set the tone for Pink as one of the most outspoken artists of the decade.
A number of Pink’s later singles, such as “You Make Me Sick” “Stupid Girls and “So What,” solidified Pink’s Type-A, strong girl personality.
In 2001, Pink joined Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim and Mya for one of the most famous musical collaborations known to date: “Lady Marmalade” from the soundtrack of the Nicole Kidman film Moulin Rouge. The song won the Grammy for Best Pop Collaboration and was a milestone in Pink’s career, marking her first ever Grammy nomination and win.
Along with the success from that collaboration, Pink herself has received a number of awards as a solo artists. She went on to win two additional Grammy Awards and has been the recipient of five MTV Video Music Awards. Pink released a Greatest Hits album in 2010, by which she reached number 1 on Billboard charts for the hit party song “Raise Your Glass.” She was also named the number one Pop Artist of the decade by Billboard in 2009.
The Truth About Love will be Pink’s first album since the birth of her daughter Willow in June of last year. In a video message to her fans earlier this month, Pink referenced her new single “Blow Me” and also said that her daughter has a small part on the album. "I wrote it with Greg Kurstin, who is amazing, and we had an incredible time. Willow played bells and bass on a couple of other songs, but I think you're really gonna like it 'cause I really like it, and I like it enough for all of us.”
Watch the new announcement below, with which the fashion-forward pop star raised a few eyebrows in an attention-grabbing outfit.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!