Pink's tour bus catches fire in Europe
Singer was not on bus; no injuries reported
UPDATE: Pop singer Pink took to her Twitter page to address this morning's Associated Press news report that her tour bus caught fire while on tour in Germany: "My tour bus did NOT catch on fire -- that story is so false it's almost entertaining," tweeted the two-time Grammy Award-winning artist.
BERLIN -- Police say a tour bus being used by the pop singer Pink caught fire on its way from Munich to Berlin, but there were no injuries.
Bavarian police say a particle filter in the exhaust system caught fire at about 5 a.m. Monday due to a technical defect.
They say the driver reacted quickly and got the bus to the side of the highway and put the fire out with an extinguisher before authorities arrived at the scene. Police say eight musicians were aboard but Pink herself was not.
The band played a concert in Munich on Saturday and was on its way to Berlin for a show Tuesday night. The musicians were able to continue on their journey on a replacement bus.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR