'Pirates of the Caribbean' to shoot in Hawaii
Johnny Depp pic is slated to begin filming this summer
HONOLULU -- Aloha, Captain Jack.
The fourth installment of Disney's popular "Pirates of the Caribbean" series will be filmed in Hawaii.
Johnny Depp will return to his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," which will begin shooting in the summer on Oahu and Kauai and be released in 2011.
The film is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Rob Marshall.
The announcement was made by Gov. Linda Lingle, who recently met with Disney president and CEO Bob Iger.
Lingle's office estimates the production will generate $85 million in spending in Hawaii.
"Pirates" is the latest of three big-budget films being shot in the islands this year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game