'Pirates of the Caribbean' to shoot in Hawaii
Johnny Depp pic is slated to begin filming this summer
HONOLULU -- Aloha, Captain Jack.
The fourth installment of Disney's popular "Pirates of the Caribbean" series will be filmed in Hawaii.
Johnny Depp will return to his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," which will begin shooting in the summer on Oahu and Kauai and be released in 2011.
The film is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Rob Marshall.
The announcement was made by Gov. Linda Lingle, who recently met with Disney president and CEO Bob Iger.
Lingle's office estimates the production will generate $85 million in spending in Hawaii.
"Pirates" is the latest of three big-budget films being shot in the islands this year.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"