'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' Set to Top $1 Billion at Worldwide Box Office
The film will become only the eighth in history to reach the $1 billion mark.
Joining an elite group of movies, Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides will jump the $1 billion mark at the worldwide box office sometime this weekend.
Through Wednesday, the pic’s global cume was $992.9 million.
Only seven films in history have crossed the $1 billion milestone; On Stranger Tides will become No. 8.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest also is a member of the billion club, having earned $1.1 billion worldwide.
On Stranger Tides has done massive business at the international box office, where it’s grossed $761.9 million to date. Domestically, it’s cumed $231 million.
The success of the fourth Pirates is a big victory for Disney and producer Jerry Bruckheimer, as well as director Rob Marshall.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR