Pitbull to Host 2013 American Music Awards
The rap/pop star will also perform his new single "Timber" alongside Ke$ha.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
On Nov. 24, Planet Pit will orbit the awards show galaxy. That's right, Pitbull has been tapped to host the 2013 American Music Awards. The rap/pop star will also perform his new single, "Timber," along with Ke$ha at the ceremony, which will be held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles and be broadcast on ABC beginning at 8:00 p.m. ET.
"I am truly honored to be hosting the 2013 American Music Awards," says Pitbull in a press statement. "The night is only about one thing: fun! So buckle and get ready. Dále!"
Pitbull and Ke$ha join previously announced AMAs performers Miley Cyrus, Imagine Dragons, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Luke Bryan, Kendrick Lamar, Florida Georgia Line and One Direction. The "Give Me Everything" star will be the show's first host since 2008.
On last week's Hot 100 chart, "Timber" climbed 11 spots to a new peak at No. 35. The collaboration between the recent touring partners follows Pitbull's 2012 album Global Warming, which included the singles "Don't Stop The Party," "Get It Started" and "Feel This Moment"; Pitbull performed the latter track alongside Christina Aguilera at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards last May.
Full disclosure: Like Dick Clark Productions, The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard are owned by Guggenheim Partners.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR