Katee Sackhoff Reveals She Was Cut From 'Pitch Perfect'
The "Longimre" star played a bit part after visiting the set one day in 2011 -- and still makes residuals.
Talk about aca-mazing.
Longmire star and Battlestar Galactica alum Katee Sackhoff revealed in an interview touting upcoming action thriller Riddick that she had a cameo in 2012's hit movie Pitch Perfect, but her role ended up getting cut.
The actress landed the bit part by happenstance. While visiting her fiance, Pitch Perfect producer Scott Niemeyer, on-set one day in 2011, she was asked to fill in.
"I was there one day visiting on set and they needed a DJ," Sackhoff told Collider. "The guy that Beca was dating was dating the DJ, and they said, 'Katee, wouldn't it be really funny if you threw a brown wig on and played the DJ?' And I was like, 'Perfect, I'll do it.' So I was actually in the movie, but not in the movie."
Pitch Perfect producer Elizabeth Banks even posted an on-set photo with Sackhoff during production, with Sackhoff donning a brown wig.
Though she didn't make the final cut, the actress revealed that she still makes residuals on it, "and my fiance gets so mad at me."
"He's like, 'You didn't even do anything!,' " Sackhoff continued, adding that she "made like 14 cents the other day."
Because of her connection to Niemeyer, the question was raised about whether Sackhoff could appear in the sequel, set for theatrical release in 2015.
"I can sing, and I have said to him once or twice [Pitch Perfect actress] Anna Camp is my age," she said. "Like, what are you doing here? Come on, buddy. I just give him shit all the time."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws