2012 Pitchfork Music Festival First Performers Announced
Vampire Weekend, Feist and Hot Chip are set for the annual three-day summer event in Chicago.
NEW YORK -- Vampire Weekend, Feist, Hot Chip and A$AP Rocky are among the first acts announced for the 2012 Pitchfork Music Festival, which reveals its lineup bit-by-bit each year. The three-day indie music mecca will take place July 13-15 at Union Park in Chicago.
Indie rock mavericks Vampire Weekend issued their sophomore album, Contra, at the top of 2010, while Leslie Feist released her fourth studio effort, Metals, last October. Other notable artists on the first lineup reveal include Black Hippy rapper Kendrick Lamar, Canadian post-rockers Godspeed You! Black Emperor, art-pop chanteuse Grimes and hip-hop DJ AraabMUZIK.
Three-day passes for the festival, which cost $110, go on sale Friday, March 9.
2012 marks the seventh year for the Pitchfork Music Festival, which has always been held at Union Park. Last year's lineup featured Animal Collective, Fleet Foxes, TV on the Radio and Odd Future, among many other acts.
Here is the initial lineup to the 2012 Pitchfork Music Festival:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Willis Earl Beal
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' Rises to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Veronica Mars' Makes Impressive $2 Million Debut
- Mary-Kate Olsen Has a French Fiance & Seems to Love French Food Too!
- Sam Worthington & Lara Bingle Hold Tight for Sydney Airport Departure!
- Britney Spears: Sister Jamie Lynn's Wedding Was 'Magical'!