Pixar announces first female director
Brenda Chapman will also write animated film
Pixar has named its first female director, Brenda Chapman, who will also write the animated film, Brave.
Voicing characters in the movie, which is Pixar's 13th: Reese Witherspoon, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson, and Julie Walters.
Disney says the flick, which was previously titled "The Bear and the Bow," is about a tomboyish royal named Merida who would rather focus on archery. After getting into a fight with her mom, she makes a reckless choice that has serious consequences to her father's kingdom, putting all their lives in peril.
It will be produced by Katherine Sarafian and is slated to be released on June 15, 2012.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!