Pixar announces first female director
Brenda Chapman will also write animated film
Pixar has named its first female director, Brenda Chapman, who will also write the animated film, Brave.
Voicing characters in the movie, which is Pixar's 13th: Reese Witherspoon, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson, and Julie Walters.
Disney says the flick, which was previously titled "The Bear and the Bow," is about a tomboyish royal named Merida who would rather focus on archery. After getting into a fight with her mom, she makes a reckless choice that has serious consequences to her father's kingdom, putting all their lives in peril.
It will be produced by Katherine Sarafian and is slated to be released on June 15, 2012.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR