Pixies Performing in Israel Next Summer
The rock band will perform with Soundgarden in Tel Aviv on June 17 and 18.
An Israeli promoter for the Pixies says the American alternative rock band will perform in Israel next summer -- four years after the band canceled a concert following a deadly Israeli raid on a pro-Palestinian Turkish aid flotilla to Gaza.
The Nidar Oz publicity group said Monday the Pixies canceled its 2010 concert because of the "tense security situation." It didn't elaborate why the band has decided to perform in Israel now.
A number of high-profile musicians have refused to perform in Israel due to its policies toward the Palestinians, including British rockers Elvis Costello and Roger Waters.
The Pixies' website lists an appearance with American rockers Soundgarden in Tel Aviv on June 17 and 18.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR