'Place Beyond the Pines' Actor Joining Mark Wahlberg in 'The Gambler'
Rupert Wyatt is directing Paramount's remake of the 1974 drama.
Emory Cohen, who played Bradley Cooper’s son in The Place Beyond the Pines, has been cast in Paramount’s remake of The Gambler.
Mark Wahlberg is starring in the movie, which, just like the 1974 drama, focuses on Jim Bennett, a college literature professor whose vices cause his life to spiral out of control.
Rupert Wyatt is directing the movie, which also stars Jessica Lange and Brie Larson. John Goodman and Michael K. Williams are part of the cast.
Cohen will play one of the professor’s students and a star tennis player.
The up-and-coming Cohen had a recurring role in NBC’s Smash and is prepping to shoot Brooklyn, a 1950s-set drama starring Saoirse Ronan and written by Nick Hornby.
Cohen is repped by CAA and Donnalyn Carfi at Harvest Talent Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10