Placebo To Rock Sundance London Opening Night
Band to kickstart 2012 event alongside Robert Redford and T Bone Burnett discussion.
LONDON – Placebo will rock out at the opening of next year’s inaugural Sundance London music and film festival in the British capital.
The music act joins the opening night bill alongside Robert Redford and 12-time Grammy Award winner T Bone Burnett’s kicker discussion on the relationship between film and music.
Placebo has played the sprawling British capital venue, the O2 where Sundance London is taking place before.
Placebo lead singer Brian Molko said: “We’re excited to return to The O2 to perform at this event. As a band, we follow our own philosophy of making the music we want to make, putting faith in our songs and records. The Sundance Film Festival has been championing similarly like-minded people for over 30 years and encouraging them to put faith in their own talent.”
Sundance London takes place April 26 through 29 2012, and promises to include U.K. premieres of films fresh from the 2012 Sundance Film Festival.
The Sundance Film Festival is scheduled to take place January 2012 in Park City, Utah.
Sundance London is a partnership between Redford, Sundance Institute and AEG Europe.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR