'In Plain Sight' debut attracts 5.3 mil viewers
USA drama was most-watched since 'Psych' premiere
"In Plain Sight" was in 5.3 million viewers' sights Sunday night.
The USA Network drama series got off to a good start in its 10-11:16 p.m. debut, becoming the channel's most-watched series premiere since "Psych" (6.1 million) in July 2006.
Compared with more recent USA series bows, "Sight" bested last summer's debut of "Burn Notice" by 32%. "Notice" averaged 4 million in its series premiere June 28, a Thursday. "Sight" also outperformed the Oct. 4 network debut of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (3.8 million) by 40%.
In the key demos, "Sight" averaged 2.3 million adults 18-49 and 2.6 million adults 25-54, according to Nielsen. That's an increase of 16% in 18-49 and 17% in 25-54 over "Notice's" premiere and an increase of 36% in 18-49 and 34% in 25-54 over "Criminal Intent."
USA said "Sight" marked the time period's best performance in the demos since the Season 2 premiere of "4400" in June 2005. In addition, the male/female skew among the key adult demos was nearly even.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead