'Planet of the Apes' prequel gets release date
Fox planning to release 'Rise of the Apes' on June 24, 2011
Fox said Thursday that it will release the "Planet of the Apes" prequel "Rise of the Apes" on June 24, 2011.
The production will use CGI apes to be created by WETA Digital, rather than using costumed actors as in past installments of the sci-fi action franchise.
Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark will produce for Fox, with Rupert Wyatt ("The Escapist") directing from a screenplay by Amanda Silver & Rick Jaffa.
Silver and Jaffa also are producing.
The pic will be set in San Francisco and is billed as a cautionary tale in which "man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama