'Planet of the Apes' prequel gets release date
Fox planning to release 'Rise of the Apes' on June 24, 2011
Fox said Thursday that it will release the "Planet of the Apes" prequel "Rise of the Apes" on June 24, 2011.
The production will use CGI apes to be created by WETA Digital, rather than using costumed actors as in past installments of the sci-fi action franchise.
Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark will produce for Fox, with Rupert Wyatt ("The Escapist") directing from a screenplay by Amanda Silver & Rick Jaffa.
Silver and Jaffa also are producing.
The pic will be set in San Francisco and is billed as a cautionary tale in which "man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)