'Planet of the Apes' prequel gets release date
Fox planning to release 'Rise of the Apes' on June 24, 2011
Fox said Thursday that it will release the "Planet of the Apes" prequel "Rise of the Apes" on June 24, 2011.
The production will use CGI apes to be created by WETA Digital, rather than using costumed actors as in past installments of the sci-fi action franchise.
Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark will produce for Fox, with Rupert Wyatt ("The Escapist") directing from a screenplay by Amanda Silver & Rick Jaffa.
Silver and Jaffa also are producing.
The pic will be set in San Francisco and is billed as a cautionary tale in which "man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR