'Planet of the Apes' prequel gets release date
Fox planning to release 'Rise of the Apes' on June 24, 2011
Fox said Thursday that it will release the "Planet of the Apes" prequel "Rise of the Apes" on June 24, 2011.
The production will use CGI apes to be created by WETA Digital, rather than using costumed actors as in past installments of the sci-fi action franchise.
Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark will produce for Fox, with Rupert Wyatt ("The Escapist") directing from a screenplay by Amanda Silver & Rick Jaffa.
Silver and Jaffa also are producing.
The pic will be set in San Francisco and is billed as a cautionary tale in which "man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy."
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR