Playboy Drops Cover Price to 60 Cents for October Issue
The magazine is going retro for a month to promote the NBC series “The Playboy Club.”
Playboy is going retro for its October issue with a cover price of 60 cents.
The magazine is putting out the 1961-themed issue, which hits newsstands on Friday, to promote the premiere of the September 19th premiere of the NBC series The Playboy Club.
Playboy Club star Laura Benanti appears on the cover and has a pictorial and interview inside. Additionally, the magazine will feature photos of the 1960s-era Playboy Club Bunnies and photos from several of the clubs.
The magazine will sell for 60 cents, the same amount it sold for in 1961.
The actual Playboy Club began in Chicago in 1960 and expanded to 40 venues in 25 states and seven countries. The first modern Playboy Club opened in Las Vegas in 2006.
The NBC series also stars Amber Heard and Eddie Cibrian and is executive produced by Brian Grazer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR