Plowing Through an Ever-Changing Industry in 'Farmland' Trailer (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO)
Oscar-winning documentarian James Moll turns his cameras on the lives of 21st century agrarians in his latest feature.
Having chronicled everything from athletic feats to the untold stories of the Holocaust, Oscar-winning filmmaker James Moll now turns his camera toward 21st century farmers.
"I make documentaries because it's a thrill to explore new topics and meet people that I might not otherwise cross paths with," Moll says in a statement. His latest, Farmland, pushes him into unknown waters once again, this time concentrating on the next generation of American farmers and ranchers. "While making Farmland, I found myself immersed in a community of some of the most hard-working, passionate people I've ever met. This film isn't just about what it's like to be a farmer, it's about a way of life. It's also about a subject that affects our lives daily."
In the first trailer for Farmland, we meet Moll's subjects, a spectrum of young and old farmers who are using technology to battle a wavering economy and fragile environment to keep America's most vital resources alive. Moll produced the film with support from the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance.
Farmland will mark Moll's sixth feature. His films include the Matt Damon-produced Running the Sahara, the story of three men who ran 4,300 miles across the Sahara desert, and The Last Days, a profile of five Hungarian Jews during the Holocaust that won Moll the Academy Award for best documentary in 1998.
Farmland is planning a release for spring 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)