Polanski to head jury at Marrakech film fest
PARIS -- Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski is to preside over the jury at the 6th Marrakech International Film Festival, organizers said Wednesday. Morocco's premier film event, which runs Dec. 1-9, will also pay homage to Italian cinema after showcasing Spanish production in last year's edition. A sidebar titled "The Italian Preference" will feature some 50 movies from the 1940s to contemporary productions. A delegation from the Italian industry and talent are due to attend, but no names have yet been announced. The full lineup of competition titles, premiere screenings and honorees is due to be unveiled early next month. For its fifth edition, Gallic helmer Jean-Jacques Annaud presided over the jury. Among high-profile attendees at the Marrakech event last year was Martin Scorsese, in town to give a filmmaking master-class.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR