Police: Artie Lange stabbed himself
Howard Stern sidekick had nine abdominal knife wounds
HOBOKEN, N.J. -- Police say self-inflicted stab wounds put Howard Stern sidekick Artie Lange in a New Jersey hospital.
Hoboken Police Detective Mark Competello says Lange's mother found him on the floor of his waterfront home Saturday.
Competello says the 42-year-old comedian was unconscious but breathing after stabbing himself with a 13-inch Wolfgang Puck kitchen knife.
Lange was taken to Jersey City Medical Center. Competello says doctors cleaned nine abdominal knife wounds and operated. He says Lange has been released.
In an e-mail Friday, Lange's publicist Hilary Hansen declined to comment and asked that Lange's privacy be respected.
Stern has spoken of the suicide attempt and said his thoughts are with Lange's mother and sister.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR