Police Search Charlie Sheen's House for Weapons

 Munawar Hosain/Getty Images

The Los Angeles Police Department searched Charlie Sheen's house Thursday night for the presence of weapons, which would be a violation of the restraining order taken out against him last week by his ex-wife Brooke Mueller. 

"We are there investigating a possible violation of a temporary restraining order filed March 1," a spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter after news of the search broke around 7 p.m. but declined to confirm that it was related to the restraining order Mueller obtained that day.

Police aimed "to make sure there are no firearms or ammunition in the home because part of the restraining order is that he cannot be in possession, and he does have firearms registered in his name," the spokesperson added, saying there was no incident that prompted the search.

The investigation was completed by 10:30 p.m. but the LAPD would not reveal the outcome.
 
"We're done; we cleared the scene," the spokesperson said. "We're not releasing any more information. Mr. Sheen was very cooperative. We're done with the investigation."
 
During the search, Sheen weighed in on Twitter.
 
"#fastball: all good here on homefront. all reports are false. I'll explain more very soon. #Dogspeed c," he wrote.
 
After the police had apparently left, Sheen sent out another tweet praising the police officers: "#fastball; the LAPD were AWESOME. Absolute pros! they can protect and serve this Warlock anytime!!! c"
 
Police previously visited Sheen's Los Angeles home last week to remove his 2-year-old twin boys with Mueller after a judge reportedly stripped him of custody after she alleged in legal documents that Sheen threatened her.
 
"I will cut your head off, put it in a box and send it to your mom," she claimed he told her.
 
A day later, he tweeted that the issue had been resolved.
 
"not sure what all the legal noise is about ... just verbally reached a deal with B. no court mon. yay," he wrote. 
 
The search also came on the heels of Sheen's filing a $100 million lawsuit against Warner Bros. and Two and a Half Men co-creator Chuck Lorre on Thursday related to his being fired from the show earlier this week.
comments powered by Disqus