Police Seek Warrant for Nick Brooks in SoHo House Death Case
The Oscar-winning composer’s son has been in custody since Sylvie Cachay’s body was found early Thursday morning.
New York City Police are seeking a warrant to investigate the ex boyfriend of a swimwear designer found dead in the SoHo House hotel early Thursday morning.
Nick Brooks, the son of Oscar-winning composer Joseph Brooks, has been in police custody since Sylvie Cachay was discovered dead in a bathtub at 3 a.m. Thursday.
Police are seeking traces of DNA, skin under his fingernails and signs of struggle or trauma, Chief NYPD spokesman Paul Browne told the Associated Press. "The investigation is ongoing," a police spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Brooks has not yet been charged with a crime. The medical examiner's office is still examining toxicology tests after an autopsy could not pinpoint Cachay's cause of death.
"I feel that my daughter was murdered," her father Antonio Cachay told New York Post from their suburban Washington D.C. Home. "There’s foul play here and I want justice applied."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR