Polish Studio Alvernia Backs Amy Heckerling's 'Vamps!'
Vampire send-up stars Alicia Silverstone, Krysten Ritter and Sigourney Weaver
COLOGNE, Germany -- Poland's Alvernia Studios is getting a taste for blood. The studio and its production arm Alvernia Production have boarded Amy Heckerling's vampire send up "Vamps!" as co-producers. Alvernia will also handle visual effects, color correction and sound mixing on the film, which stars Alicia Silverstone, Krysten Ritter and Sigourney Weaver.
Alvernia's Marek Gabryjelski and Anna Rozalska will act as co-producers on the film and Stanislaw Tyczynski of Alvernia Production will get an executive producer credit.
"Vamps!" will be the first U.S. production to take advantage of Alvernia's brand new facilities near Krakow, Poland. Following the lead of other Euro studios including Pinewood and Babelsberg, Alvernia is looking to combine production services with film financing to attract international features.
On the home front, Alvernia is backing "How to Get Rid of Cellulite," the new comedy from Polish director Andrzej Sarmonowicz, which Warner Bros. Entertainment Poland is producing and distributing.
Red Hour Films ("Tropic Thunder") and Lucky Monkey Pictures are producing "Vamps!" Lisa Wilson's Parlay Films, a GK Film affiliate, is handling foreign sales.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR