Exclusive Poll: Viewers Back James Franco and Anne Hathaway as Oscar Hosts
The current issue of The Hollywood Reporter explores what America thinks about the new plans for the 83rd Academy Awards.
Do viewers want to see James Franco, 32, and Anne Hathaway, 28, host the Oscars? Yes, as a matter of statistical fact. In a poll conducted for THR by Penn Schoen Berland, 54% of viewers said they approve of the youthful duo. "Oscar is on his way to being more accessible, fresh and cool," says lead pollster Jon Penn.
But younger viewers are far more enthusiastic: 62% of those under 35 support the Franco/Hathaway idea, versus only 46% of those over 35.
Overall, viewers were 25% more likely to expect the Oscar telecast to be "fun" after hearing about the new hosts. They were 19% less likely to find it "prestigious."
Find out the full story the numbers tell about what America thinks about the Oscars in the current issue of The Hollywood Reporter. Subscribers can click here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR