'Poltergeist' Reboot Adds 'Touch' Actress (Exclusive)
Saxon Sharbino will play 16-year-old Kendra Bowen in MGM and Fox 2000's horror film.
MGM and Fox 2000's horror reboot of Poltergeist is rounding out the Bowen family.
Touch actress Saxon Sharbino has been cast as 16-year-old Kendra Bowen, the eldest of the three Bowen children.
City of Ember's Gil Kenan is directing the project from a script by David Lindsay-Abaire. The story follows the Bowens as their home is terrorized and their youngest child goes missing when a supernatural force takes over their home.
Sam Rockwell and Rosemarie DeWitt are set to star as the Bowen parents. Filming began on Sept. 23 in Toronto.
Sharbino's Kendra is a typical teen, isolating herself from her family to focus on her friendships. But when she realizes that her new home feeds on the isolation of others, she must band together with her family to help save her youngest sibling.
Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert are producing via their Ghost House Pictures banner with Roy Lee. Nathan Kahane is executive producing.
Sharbino played Maria Bello's daughter on the sophomore season of Fox's Touch and starred in the film Trust Me alongside Clark Gregg and William H. Macy. She is repped by WME and ROAR.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR