Portia de Rossi Shocked by First 'Arrested Development' Script
The actress, who has a pilot in development at NBC, says, "I remember thinking...what am I getting myself into."
Portia de Rossi had slight reservations about joining Fox's offbeat comedy Arrested Development after receiving its first script.
The actress, who played Bluth daughter Lindsay on the series, told the audience at the recent New Yorker Festival that she was taken aback by a cover letter accompanying the script that outlined the general rules for the show: it would be shot with handheld cameras, there would be few amenities on set and over-sized egos would not be tolerated.
De Rossi said, "There was a cover letter that came with the script that said… pretty much, no diva-type behavior, we're gonna not really have fancy trailers.
"I remember reading that and thinking, what am I getting myself into."
De Rossi also revealed her plan for playing her self-absorbed character, "I just told myself as long as I was completely self-absorbed, it would work out."
Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz teased the possibility of continuing the 2003-06 series with a truncated nine- to 10-episode "mini-season" leading up to an Arrested film at the festival. The news, for which 20th Century Fox TV declined comment, comes after years of rumblings of a big-screen sequel for the critically acclaimed series starring Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, de Rossi and Jeffrey Tambor.
While details of the possible Arrested Development return are being worked out, de Rossi is attached to star in a comedy project for NBC from her partner Ellen DeGeneres. The network has agreed to produce a pilot of the Warner Bros. TV multicamera project that revolves around dueling sisters, with de Rossi set to play one of them.
DeGeneres, through her Warner Bros. TV-based A Very Good Production, is on board to executive produce the untitled comedy, alongside Samantha Who’s Don Todd, who will pen the project.
The couple also recently showed off their Beverly Hills compound in the November issue of Architectural Digest.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!