'Portlandia' Star Carrie Brownstein to Pen Memoir
Riverhead Press is set to publish the as-yet-untitled music-centric book. The Wild Flag singer and Sleater-Kinney founder is also working on a visitors guide to "Portlandia" with co-star Fred Armisen.
Comedienne, rocker and blogger Carrie Brownstein has written about the music industry before, but this time it’s personal.
The New York Times reports that the indie-rocker and Portlandia star has signed with Riverhead Press to publish a music-centric memoir.
In February, Brownstein and her other comedic-half, Fred Armisen, announced a parody travel guide Portlandia: A Guide for Visitors, based on their acclaimed IFC show, which they will pen for Grand Central Publishing. The former Sleater-Kinney frontwoman is currently on tour with her new band, Wild Flag.
No official date has been set for the as-yet-untitled memoir. The Portlandia visitors guide is due out in November, according to Rolling Stone.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR