'Portlandia' Renewed for Two More Seasons
The IFC comedy co-stars Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein.
IFC is renewing Portlandia for two more seasons.
The acclaimed cult comedy, co-starring Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein, premiered in January 2011, with Lorne Michaels as executive producer. The fourth and fifth installments, both 10-episode orders, will debut in 2014 and 2015, respectively.
"Portlandia has celebrated sustainable local agriculture, underemployment, avian crafting, gender politics, intense bicycle messengers and so much more,” said Jennifer Caserta, president and general manager of IFC, in a statement Wednesday. "We can now celebrate two more seasons."
Armisen and Brownstein are the creators and co-writers, along Jonathan Krisel, of the Emmy-nominated series in which the pair parody the local quirkiness of Portland by portraying a variety of eccentric and earnest local characters.
The show's ever-growing roster of guest stars includes Kyle MacLachlan, Chloe Sevigny, Roseanne Barr, Jeff Goldblum, Patton Oswalt and tennis legend Martina Navratilova.E-mail: email@example.com Twitter: @ErinLCarlson
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!