IFC Announces 6-City 'Portlandia' Tour to Promote Sophomore Season
The network has plans to promote the series' return with a music and comedy tour, kicking off Dec. 27 in... Portland.
IFC is taking Portland on the road.
In anticipation of the Jan. 6 season premiere of its sophomore comedy, Portlandia, the network announced plans to send stars Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein across America to help promote the return.
"Portlandia: The Tour" will find the co-creators, writers and stars of the series performing live music, screening previews of the upcoming season and talking about their loving lampoon of the title city.
The tour kicks off in -- where else? -- Portland, Oregon, on Dec. 27, with stops in Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and two dates in New York following through Jan. 21.
IFC is presenting the tour alongside Portlandia producer Broadway Video, and tickets go on sale Tuuesday, Nov. 22.
The complete schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, Dec. 27: Hollywood Theatre, Portland, OR
Wednesday, Dec. 28: Showbox at the Market, Seattle, WA
Friday, Dec. 30: Mezzanine, San Francisco, CA
Tuesday, Jan. 17: Echoplex, Los Angeles, CA
Wednesday, Jan. 18: The Hideout, Chicago, IL
Friday, Jan. 20: Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
Saturday, Jan. 21: Bowery Ballroom, New York, NY
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park