IFC Announces 6-City 'Portlandia' Tour to Promote Sophomore Season
The network has plans to promote the series' return with a music and comedy tour, kicking off Dec. 27 in... Portland.
IFC is taking Portland on the road.
In anticipation of the Jan. 6 season premiere of its sophomore comedy, Portlandia, the network announced plans to send stars Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein across America to help promote the return.
"Portlandia: The Tour" will find the co-creators, writers and stars of the series performing live music, screening previews of the upcoming season and talking about their loving lampoon of the title city.
The tour kicks off in -- where else? -- Portland, Oregon, on Dec. 27, with stops in Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and two dates in New York following through Jan. 21.
IFC is presenting the tour alongside Portlandia producer Broadway Video, and tickets go on sale Tuuesday, Nov. 22.
The complete schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, Dec. 27: Hollywood Theatre, Portland, OR
Wednesday, Dec. 28: Showbox at the Market, Seattle, WA
Friday, Dec. 30: Mezzanine, San Francisco, CA
Tuesday, Jan. 17: Echoplex, Los Angeles, CA
Wednesday, Jan. 18: The Hideout, Chicago, IL
Friday, Jan. 20: Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
Saturday, Jan. 21: Bowery Ballroom, New York, NY
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws