PR Veteran Dick Lippin to Be Honored at Penn State
The chairman and CEO of the Lippin Group will receive the 2013 Service to Society Award from the university's Liberal Arts Alumni Society.
Dick Lippin, chairman, CEO and founder of PR agency the Lippin Group, will receive the 2013 Service to Society Award from Pennsylvania State University’s Liberal Arts Alumni Society.
The industry veteran will receive the award during a March 21 ceremony at the College of Liberal Arts.
The Service to Society Award is presented to a liberal arts alum whose contributions have served to enhance the quality of life at the local, state, national, or international level. Their contribution to society should be humanistic, have social goals consistent with the liberal arts tradition and be outside the academic community or beyond the person's professional or vocational achievement.
Lippin established the Ronnie Lippin Cancer Information and Resource Line after his wife, Ronnie, died of a rare form of breast cancer seven years ago. The program has since expanded to provide counseling services to individuals and families in need of guidance on cancer related matters.
He also established three programs in his late wife's name: The Ronnie Lippin Cancer Research Fellowships, The Ronnie Lippin Cancer Outreach Program at Tower Cancer Research Foundation and The Ronnie Lippin Counseling Centers.
Additionally, Lippin in 1993 endowed the university with the Richard B. Lippin Lectureship in Ethics, which focuses on current ethical issues in the fields of business, medicine, science and technology, as well as questions of justice.
He also serves on the board of advisers of the Rock Ethics Institute, a program that promotes ethical awareness and inquiry across the university, and is in the process of expanding his relationship with Penn State through a value-based program for young children.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws