PR Veteran Nancy Carr Dies at 50
Carr, who was senior vp corporate communications at Hallmark Channels, also held PR posts at CBS and Fox.
Nancy Carr, senior vp corporate communications at Hallmark Channels, died Friday in a Los Angeles-area hospital after a long illness. She was 50.
Carr, a well-liked and well-respected PR veteran, joined Hallmark in 2005 as vp corporate communications and rose to the rank of senior vp for both Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel. In that capacity, Carr oversaw the strategic development and implementation of all corporate communications activities, including special events, media and governmental outreach, audience services, diversity outreach and public affairs.
"Hallmark Channels is saddened by the passing of our friend and colleague, Nancy Carr," president and CEO Bill Abbott said in a statement. "We are grateful to Nancy for guiding the company's corporate media strategy for more than five years. On the personal side, those of us who cared deeply for and about Nancy will never forget her dedication to life’s smallest creatures, as she worked tirelessly for animal rights and animal rescue. The company sends deep and sincere condolences to Nancy's family."
Before Hallmark, she spent 15 years at CBS, where rose to the rank of vp communications. There, where she led publicity campaigns on series, movies, miniseries and specials, including CSI, CSI: Miami, Without a Trace, Everybody Loves Raymond and the Hallmark Hall of Fame presentations.
"It's a very sad day," read a statement issued on behalf of Carr's former colleagues in the CBS' Communications Group. "Our thoughts are with her husband, Ronnie, and her family. We'll remember Nancy as the architect behind some of CBS' biggest miniseries and live events campaigns, as well as, an exceptionally dedicated colleague and most importantly, a kind and caring person."
Carr also held a position as senior manager of publicity at Fox after an earlier stint at CBS, where she started her career in broadcast TV. Before CBS, she was a senior account executive at Golin/Harris Public Relations.
Carr was a member of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences and treasurer of the Television Publicity Executives Committee. She also was active in the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Los Angeles.
Carr received a bachelor’s degree in journalism with a PR emphasis and a bachelor’s degree in international relations from USC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera