'Always' Pre-sells to Pony Canyon
Sale of BIFF's opening night film kicks off Asian Film Market.
BUSAN, South Korea -- The South Korean melodrama that opened BIFF has been pre-sold to Japan’s Pony Canyon, the film’s local distributor Showbox/Mediaplex said Sunday.
Always, directed by Song Il-gon, is a romance about a former boxer and young woman losing her sight starring the country’s top stars: So Ji-sub, who has a solid fan base in Asia and Han Hyo-joo, who has swept awards for her role in the TV series Dong-Yi.
The film is the sixth feature by Song, who debuted with the Venice-winning Flower Island. He was the first Korean filmmaker to win an award at the Cannes Film Festival with the short Picnic.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR