'Precious' Author Sapphire Sells Sequel Novel
"The Kid" will follow the main character's son as he "approaches manhood -- alone, brutalized and with the soul of an artist."
Sapphire (real name: Ramona Lofton) has sold a second novel to Penguin Press, the New York Observer reports.
Her first novel, Push, was adapted into the award-winning movie, Precious, which garnered Mo'Nique the best supporting actress Oscar, and Geoffrey Fletcher a writing Oscar. Newcomer Gabourey Sidibe was nominated for the best actress Oscar.
Sapphire's newest book, The Kid, is somewhat of a sequel to Push. It will focus on the son of the main character "as he approaches manhood -- alone, brutalized and with the soul of an artist." (In the end of the first novel, it was revealed Precious, the mother of two children, had AIDS.)
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR