Pregnant Jewel Tweets She's 'OK' After Being Hit by Fire Truck
"Real sore and banged up-but so glad to be walking around," writes the singer.
Jewel, who is pregnant with a baby boy, is recovering from injuries sustained in a Friday car accident.
"Hey everyone-just got released from the ER & my Dr's office- everything is fine-me & the baby r ok- thanx 4 all your thoughts & prayers," the singer wrote on Twitter Friday. "I'm going to take it easy this weekend. Just a little sore and banged up- but feeling so blessed this morning."
The singer was hit by a volunteer fire fighter in Stephenville, Texas, on Friday, completely totaling her car.
"Jewel was hit by a fire truck this morning in Texas," her rep said in a statement. "The singer was taken to the hospital and current medical tests conducted indicate that she and the baby are doing fine."
Jewel added, "1 thing I do know is my car saved my & baby's life-definitely going 2 get another Cadillac SRX! It absorbed all the damage & kept me safe!"
The singer found out she was expecting her first child (with husband Ty Murray) on the set of her Bravo show, Going Platinum.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR