President Obama Cries During Speech Thanking Campaign Staff (Video)
The president offers a rare show of emotion as he tells his volunteers, "I'm really proud of you."
President Barack Obama -- famous for his stoic, even keel temperament -- wept as he thanked the volunteers who helped guide him to a decisive victory on Tuesday night.
The address was captured on video and uploaded to the official White House YouTube channel, and is quickly gathering steam on social media.
"It's not that you guys actually remind me of myself -- it's the fact that you are so much better than I was," Obama tells the roomful of young staffers. "In so many ways. You're smarter, you're better organized and you're more effective."
At the three-and-a-half minute mark, tears begin to well up in the president's eyes and stream down his face as he tells the room, "What you guys have done means that the work that I'm doing is important. And I'm really proud of that. I'm really proud of you."
The remarks then draw applause.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR