President Obama Swings by Reddit in Campaign's Final Hours
Having hosted the first-ever presidential chat on the social site in August, the Commander-in-Chief returned to pull out a few more votes.
Tuesday's to-do list: talk on the phone, play some basketball, leave some messages on Reddit.
No, that's not a teenager's mid-week schedule -- that's what President Obama was doing on election day.
Having wrapped his re-election campaign with an emotional speech in Des Moines, Iowa, on Monday night, Obama took it easy on Tuesday (as much as is possible for the leader of the free world, of course). He did a phone interview with Ryan Seacrest, played hoops near his Chicago home (an election day tradition), and dropped by Reddit, the online hivemind populated by coveted young voters.
He did an AMA -- or, an Ask Me Anything -- question and answer session at the site in August, and left a message for readers asking them to vote. Depending on what happens tonight, he may continue to be just a very occasional user of the site, or will have a lot more time to look at cats and Arrested Development memes.
I want to thank you all again for the reception you gave me in August for my AMA. Good questions. Definitely not bad.
I'm checking in because polls will start closing in this election in just a few hours, and I need you to vote.
Millions of Americans have stepped up in support of this campaign over the last 19 months, and today we decide what the next four years look like -- but only if we show up.
I ask that you go out there and cast your vote, whatever your political persuasion.
You can confirm your polling location here: https://www.barackobama.com/lookup
If you’ve voted already, don't stop there -- spread the word to your friends, roommates, and neighbors. Think of it as upvoting.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama