'Pretty Old' Doc Picked Up For Theatrical, VOD Release by GoDigital
The film, executive produced by Sarah Jessica Parker, received the award for best documentary at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
GoDigital has acquired domestic rights to Pretty Old, a documentary about senior citizen pageantry, and plans to release it theatrically in New York alongside a nationwide VOD release in March.
A theatrical on-demand release for the pic -- which is produced by Group Effort Films, Boss Films Productions and Parker’s Pretty Matches Productions -- is also slated for spring courtesy of Gathr Film.
Executive produced by Sarah Jessica Parker, Pretty Old follows the 65 and over contestants of Massachusetts’ annual Ms. Senior Sweetheart Pageant as they prepare for and compete in the event. Walter Matteson directed the pic.
The film, which won the jury award for best documentary at the Santa Barbara Film Festival in 2013, is produced by Josh Alexander, Daniel Chalfen and Walter Matteson. Alison Benson and Joe Berlinger executive produced with Parker.
"These incredibly dynamic women embrace growing older with a youthful spirit, and while also full of insightful wisdom, they give us a heartfelt look at what it truly means to age beautifully," said Parker in a statement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR