'Price Is Right' Sets First Kids-Themed Special (Exclusive)
Prizes will be aimed at children ages 8-14, who will play alongside a parent in the mid-April episode.
The Price Is Right is letting kids in on the action for the first time.
CBS' game show has planned its first-ever kids special, in which children ages 8-14 will play alongside a parent.
Prizes will be aimed specifically at children, while the games will be set up so that they can play along and give input with their parents.
"So the kids will be dropping the Plinko chips, for example," executive producer Mike Richards told The Hollywood Reporter. "It will be a lot to deal with [from a production standpoint], but it will be a lot of fun."
Richards adds that young viewers have been writing the show for a long time asking for their own special, and the response from potential audience members has been overwhelming.
The episode, which has not yet taped, will air in mid-April.
The news comes as The Price Is Right gears up to air its second annual Celebrity Week starting Monday. Sharon Osbourne, Demi Lovato, Drew and Nick Lachey, Charles Barkley andNeNe Leakes will play alongside contestants to raise money for charity. This year, more than $250,000 was raised, breaking last year's total.
The Price Is Right, produced by FremantleMedia North America, airs at 11 a.m. ET/10 a.m. PT weekdays on CBS.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR